HARRISBURG – Area lawmakers today announced forms for the state’s Property Tax/Rent Rebate program for the 2016 tax year are now available.
The forms, as well as assistance with filing them, are available at the offices of Reps. Lynda Schlegel Culver (R-Northumberland/Snyder), Fred Keller (R-Snyder/Union) and Kurt Masser (R- Columbia/Montour/Northumberland).
Eligible participants can receive a rebate of up to $650 based on their rent or property taxes paid in 2016. The program, which is funded by proceeds from the Pennsylvania Lottery, benefits eligible Pennsylvanians who are 65 years or older, widows and widowers 50 years or older, and those 18 years or older with permanent disabilities.
Eligibility income limits are set at the following levels, excluding 50 percent of Social Security, Supplemental Security Income and Railroad Retirement Tier 1 benefits:
• $0 to $8,000, maximum $650 rebate (homeowners and renters).
• $8,001 to $15,000, maximum $500 rebate (homeowners and renters).
• $15,001 to $18,000, maximum $300 rebate (homeowners only).
• $18,001 to $35,000, maximum $250 rebate (homeowners only).
Applicants should be prepared to provide all the necessary income, property tax or rental information required to process claims quickly and accurately. Applications are due by June 30.
For additional information or assistance, contact the appropriate lawmaker’s office below:
• Culver – 106 Arch St., Sunbury
, telephone 570-286-5585 or 1-800-924-9060. Satellite office: Milton Borough Building, 2 Filbert St., Milton
, telephone 570-742-6975 (Weekdays 8:30-11:30 a.m.) Forms also available online at LyndaCulver.com
• Keller – Mifflinburg Government Center, 343 Chestnut St., Suite 1, Mifflinburg
, telephone 570-966-0052 or 570-837-0052. Forms also available online at RepFredKeller.com
• Masser – 467 Industrial Park Road, Elysburg, telephone 570-648-8017. Satellite office: Danville Borough Building, 239 Mill St., Suite 1, Danville
, telephone 570-275-3700 (Mondays and Thursdays only.) Forms also available online at RepMasser.com
Representative Lynda Schlegel Culver
Representative Fred Keller
Representative Kurt Masser
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Patricia Hippler